Thursday, October 20, 2011

Echo Base News Reviews - CW35 Clone Trooper Draa


Sometimes, even the best laid plans of mice and men go awry, and your reviews get posted really, really late. Sorry about this, guys. How about a Clone Trooper to brighten your day?


TCW35: Clone Trooper Draa
Accessories: blaster, rifle, rocket launcher, backpack
Articulation: ball joint head, shoulders, elbows, knees; swivel waist, wrists, hips

I need not tell you guys how much I love the Stone mold and how insanely happy I am that the Phase II clones are coming out in the mold. I don’t care how in the minority I am, but it’s my favorite clone mold. Sure, it needs articulation, I’m not gonna argue that. I’d rather it looked good than had more articulation. (Though, Jet and the Geonosian Leia-Earmuff Clones showed us that the Stone mold can sustain legs and ankles and still look amazing. Hasbro?) Missing the ankle joints, a ball joint waist and regular wrists, it’s easy to see why people don’t like them very much and I wouldn’t either had it not looked quite as good as it does. It looks very close to the skinny model from the show and the helmet is basically the perfect shape. Like I said, though, updates like the Geonosis clones would be much, much appreciated

Draa doesn’t have too many special paints apps…he’s a good shade of white and a triangle of green. He does have a cool little emblem stuck to his helmet, too. His accessory load is where he shines, though. Fat rifle, blaster, backpack and a rocket launcher really help fill out his bubble and would have made him an excellent army building clone, except that he’s a named character…poo. Bottom line? Buy him if you love clones and like the Stone mold – if you don’t, I know you’re going to pass anyway.

Why not a five? Because I get SO bored of clones. I'm sorry. I took it out on Draa.




Review by Chris Wermeskerch

No comments:

Post a Comment