Friday, February 17, 2012

Rebel Reviews - Discover the Force 6/12: Mawhonic


It's not often, but Wal-Mart tends to get entire waves as exclusive releases. This week, we'll be taking a look at a few of the figures, and today we will look at Mawhonic, one of the Podracers!

Discover the Force 6/12: Mawhonic
Accessories: sniper rifle, flag. 
Articulation: ball-socket head, ball-joint shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, swivel wrists, waist & hips.

So, Mawhonic is an all-new sculpt, and a very nice sculpt at that. Mawhonic was the first of his species I have picked up, so I didn't know what to expect. Needless to say, I am fairly happy with the sculpt, except for maybe the figure expression. The face is coloured perfectly to match the character. The articulation is sublime on this figure, with the inclusion of ankles always a bonus. The ankles are hard to see from a front view, but you can clearly see them from a back view of the figure. Unless you're picky and must have ball-joint hips, then the articulation isn't lacking at all. 

Mawhonic comes with two accessories, both of which I have complaints about. The first is the sniper rifle, which I have a couple of complaints about. Firstly, I find it unnatural for a podracer to come with a gun, may just be me that thinks that. And it's very hard and annoying to get the figure to hold the rifle, due to that strap that is on the gun, going all the way across. Only good thing going for the rifle is nice detailing. The other accessory is a podracer flag. Nice detailing again, but I feel the plastic is too weak, and that I wanted to, I could just tear the flag up. Just my opinions on these two accessories, but I don't like them. I can't think of an accessory Mawhonic could come with really, maybe the engine of a podracer? Joke.

This figure is definitely good, and arguably the pick of this first wave for some fans (my pick of the bunch is the Gungan) but this is a cool figure. Mawhonic could do with minor tweaks though, like the fact the purple things on his head can fall off easily, but are hard to get back in. The accessories could be improved, such as ditching the strap on the rifle. The detail is really what goes for the figure and the accessories. 





Review by
Ruari Williamson.

No comments:

Post a Comment